Menu button UK Free TV logo Help!

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fault'?

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or &

How to Reset a Sky Digibox when 'No Signal' appears.

Reset method 1 - Delete and Rescan

1. Turn the power off at the mains socket. Either do this by pulling the plug from the socket, or using a power switch if there is one.

2. Remove the viewing card from the machine. Using a dry cloth or kitchen roll, clean the gold connector on the reverse of the card. Do not use any cleaning products.

3. Check cables and connectors are in good order.
  4. Wait for at least 30 seconds.
  5. With the card still out of the machine, plug the Digibox back into the mains.
  6. Ignore all the messages, and wait for around a minute.
  7. Try 101 for BBC One, 102 for BBC Two and 103 for ITV-1.
  8. Insert viewing card, wait a few seconds.
  9. Check 104 for Channel 4 and 105 for five.

Reset Method 2 - Reset the LNB

If the above method does not work, the LNB may have a fault.
  1. Press the [SERVICES] button and then press [4] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

On Sky HD, press the [SERVICES] button and then press [0] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

Press the buttons in the sequence above exactly - do not atttempt to use [UP] or [DOWN]. Note that when you press the second 0 and 1 nothing happens on the screen until you press the final [SELECT]. This is a "hidden menu".

2. Then press [1] to go to the RF output menu.
  3. Press [DOWN] three times to highlight the line 22Khz Command and then press [RIGHT] to change the value to [OFF].
  4. Press [DOWN] and [SELECT] to select Save New Settings.
  5. Press [SKY].
  6. Again press [SERVICES], [4], [0], [1], [SELECT]; then [1] again for the LNB Menu. (SERVICES 0 0 1 SELECT for Sky HD).
  7. Now press the [RED] button (reset all settings), then [DOWN] until you can select Save New Settings again.
  8. Press [SKY].

Reset Method 3 - Upgrade the system software

If there are still problems:

1. Turn the Digibox off at the mains again and remove the viewing card.
  2. Whilst holding down the BACKUP key on the Digibox - NOT ON THE REMOTE - turn the mains power on.
  3. Keep hold of BACKUP until the screen displays a "UPGRADING SYSTEM SOFTWARE" message – this will be white text on a black screen. On some boxes this can appear as a half screen.

4. Wait 10 to 20 minutes for the software to download and install. The box will restart when the process is complete.
  5. Ignore all the messages, and wait for around a minute.
  6. Try 101 for BBC One, 102 for BBC Two and 103 for ITV-1.
  7. Insert viewing card, wait a few seconds.
  8. Check 104 for Channel 4 and 105 for five.

Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels1
Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
I have a Panasonic TV with integrated Freeview how can I record Freeview channel3
I have split the signal from my satellite dish and now nothing works.6

Comments
Friday, 5 June 2015

David Potter: Well, it certainly doesn't look too promising, but nothing to worry about regarding the "new install" option, as it "is" simply achieved by selecting and pressing on it then following any instructions that might appear on the screen.

On the subject of a software upgrade, there would be no harm in trying it so long as you didn't attempt to alter anything whilst it was being carried out, as in some cases it can take a considerable time giving the impression that the box has locked up. Undermentioned is a link explaining the procedure dependant on the model being used.

Updating the software on your Sky box - Sky Community

By the way, in your original posting you mentioned having rebooted your box, are you meaning that you disconnected it from the mains after having placed it in standby? should you not have done, then try that as well.

Procedure used to select "new install".

1 : Press "Services" on your Sky remote and you'll see the "Options" menu
highlighted.

2 : Press the right arrow to select "Settings" then press on.

3 : Press (in smooth succession) 0 - 1 - Select then you will see the
set up screen.

4 : Press the right arrows to highlight "Install" which then changes to New
Install when you do this - press "select".

5: Follow the instructions on your TV screen until you see the message
"Installation Complete" is displayed then press select.

jb38's 6,571 posts Platinum Platinum xx
Saturday, 6 June 2015
David Potter

Have tried all but the System reset with no joy. One final question. Is there a way to use the one good signal I have to use as non plus box/free sat box?.Thank you very much indeed for your help.can

David Potter's 5 posts xx

David Potter: Re: reference to "one good signal", you have to look at it from the point of view that the signal on "both inputs" from the dish must be OK, because if your problem was caused by a fault in the coax (or the LNB port on the dish) feeding into the boxes LNB1, then the signal would have returned when you swapped the boxes two inputs over, the fact that it didn't, indicating that the tuner associated with LNB1's input socket is the reason for your problem.

That said, the thing that still puzzles me about your problem is the fact that any signal at all is being indicated, that is "if" your rebooting exercise involved disconnecting the box from the mains, (which it should have done) the reason for saying that being, LNB1 is the main input on a Sky box, LNB2 being secondary, therefore the box cannot be tuned up unless a signal is being received on LNB1's input, and yet you have reported a signal being indicated on LNB2.

Therefore I would like you to try one final test "without switching the box off". Go into the signal test screen on the box checking that a signal is still being indicated on the LNB2 input, the next stage is to remove the "F" connector on LNB1's input and leave it aside, now unscrew the "F" connector going into the boxes LNB2 and connect it into LNB1 and see if anything is indicated on No1's signal indicator bar.

By the way, signals can on occasions take about 10/15 seconds or so to appear, so don't rush this test.

Regarding a non+ box / Freesat box, Sky (or ex Sky) dishes and leads from are 100% compatible with all Freesat devices, the same rules apply as with Sky+, insomuch that a single lead is only suitable for use with a receiver, whereas a twin tuner Freesat PVR (recorder) requires twin feeds.

jb38's 6,571 posts Platinum Platinum xx
Sunday, 7 June 2015
David Potter

Hi and thanks again. I have rebooted several times as youdescribe without success and have tried your test . I think both lnb outputs and coax F connectors are OK as either will produce a Signal one on the screen when connected to the LH Side terminal as viewed from the front. If this is your input one then that is consistent and means that input 2 ie the R H Side terminal as viewed from front is perhaps faulty. Hope that is clear now. David

David Potter's 5 posts xx

David Potter: Well, now that the LHS/RHS aspect has been clarified (your reply on the 5th @10.54am having somewhat swayed me) then yes!, as the tuner associated with LNB2/dish 2's input would appear to be defective. However, the various tests you carried were not necessarily a waste of time, as they are applicable to "both" tuners used in the box.

That said, there is one (and only one) procedure that can be carried out where one tuner can be singled out from the other, that being by selecting "single input mode" on the box, this procedure killing the power supply on dish input 2's side of the box, then "after" completion of the process reverting the box back to normal, the idea being that this might possibly shock the tuner into operation again, if though it doesn't, then I'm afraid that there isn't anything else to try.

By the way, the single input mode as you have possibly noticed, is in the LNB set up screen.

Just in case you were wondering, the single input mode is not really of any assistance to you "if" you are wishing the record programmes, as you can only record a programme being broadcast on the same transponder (satellite equivalent of a Freeview multiplex) as you might be viewing.

jb38's 6,571 posts Platinum Platinum xx
Monday, 22 June 2015
A
Ahmed Khan

I have done every thing but still getting the same message,(No satellite signal is being received).Any one with any more ideas.

Ahmed Khan's 1 post xx
Saturday, 18 July 2015
P K

A few days ago when we had summer for a day, my picture on screen went into pixels, froze and then I got a message about a fault. I put this down to the weather. I switched on again and got reception. But now I get nothing. The skydigibox just has the red stand by light. The TV sits with a dead screen with 17 top right corner.
I just have a fre sky viewing card, I don't pay for any Sky TV packages.
Any assitance would be helpful as it's the Grand Prix tomorrow.
Pat