Menu button UK Free TV logo Help!

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fault'?

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or &

How to Reset a Sky Digibox when 'No Signal' appears.

Reset method 1 - Delete and Rescan

1. Turn the power off at the mains socket. Either do this by pulling the plug from the socket, or using a power switch if there is one.

2. Remove the viewing card from the machine. Using a dry cloth or kitchen roll, clean the gold connector on the reverse of the card. Do not use any cleaning products.

3. Check cables and connectors are in good order.
  4. Wait for at least 30 seconds.
  5. With the card still out of the machine, plug the Digibox back into the mains.
  6. Ignore all the messages, and wait for around a minute.
  7. Try 101 for BBC One, 102 for BBC Two and 103 for ITV-1.
  8. Insert viewing card, wait a few seconds.
  9. Check 104 for Channel 4 and 105 for five.

Reset Method 2 - Reset the LNB

If the above method does not work, the LNB may have a fault.
  1. Press the [SERVICES] button and then press [4] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

On Sky HD, press the [SERVICES] button and then press [0] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

Press the buttons in the sequence above exactly - do not atttempt to use [UP] or [DOWN]. Note that when you press the second 0 and 1 nothing happens on the screen until you press the final [SELECT]. This is a "hidden menu".

2. Then press [1] to go to the RF output menu.
  3. Press [DOWN] three times to highlight the line 22Khz Command and then press [RIGHT] to change the value to [OFF].
  4. Press [DOWN] and [SELECT] to select Save New Settings.
  5. Press [SKY].
  6. Again press [SERVICES], [4], [0], [1], [SELECT]; then [1] again for the LNB Menu. (SERVICES 0 0 1 SELECT for Sky HD).
  7. Now press the [RED] button (reset all settings), then [DOWN] until you can select Save New Settings again.
  8. Press [SKY].

Reset Method 3 - Upgrade the system software

If there are still problems:

1. Turn the Digibox off at the mains again and remove the viewing card.
  2. Whilst holding down the BACKUP key on the Digibox - NOT ON THE REMOTE - turn the mains power on.
  3. Keep hold of BACKUP until the screen displays a "UPGRADING SYSTEM SOFTWARE" message – this will be white text on a black screen. On some boxes this can appear as a half screen.

4. Wait 10 to 20 minutes for the software to download and install. The box will restart when the process is complete.
  5. Ignore all the messages, and wait for around a minute.
  6. Try 101 for BBC One, 102 for BBC Two and 103 for ITV-1.
  7. Insert viewing card, wait a few seconds.
  8. Check 104 for Channel 4 and 105 for five.

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o4
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels5
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels1
Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?2
I have a Panasonic TV with integrated Freeview how can I record Freeview channel3
I have split the signal from my satellite dish and now nothing works.6

Comments
Thursday, 12 February 2015

Mike Parker:

When did your reception cease? I ask because last year there was a change to the pattern of broadcasting channels from the Astra satellites used by Sky and Freesat such that reception of programmes aimed at UK viewers was made much more difficult, even impossible, in 'out of area' locations such as southern Spain.

MikeP's 666 posts Gold Gold xx
Thursday, 19 February 2015
H
Helpintom

I live in the North of Italy and have a very elderly Pace digibox (circa 1999!).
It is still working but I would really like to get a new one. I don't know how to go about this.
Do you think I could by one from Amazon and link it my card the next time I'm in the UK?
Do you think I could buy a more modern digibox or would my card not be compatible? I don't have any special channels(film, sport).
Thank you for any help you can give.

Helpintom's 2 posts xx

Helpintom: If by "don't have any special channels" means any that are part of a Sky package?, then why do you bother using a card? as a standard Sky box will operate perfectly OK without any card having being installed, a card used in a non subscription box only enabling the viewing of news channels or adverts appropriate to the area that a person resides in, other wise London is the default, the only other programme channel, which although free cannot be viewed without a card, being Sony TV 157.

If though any channels are viewed that does require a subscription, then Sky will only issue a card to UK based residents, Sky at time of registration, requesting the serial number of the box the card is intended to be used in, data containing the serial number of the box being electronically stored in the card, whereby anyone trying to use it in another box will trigger an "incorrect card for box" or similar message.

Needless to say, that if you do not subscribe to anything, then this will enable you to purchase a standard Sky box from anywhere of your choosing. Although please note, that the aforementioned is not applicable to Sky+ devices, a subscription always being required for Sky+ devices in order to access the recording or playback side of the box, otherwise they operate as a standard box, likewise non subscription channels can still be viewed!

jb38's 6,426 posts Platinum Platinum xx
Saturday, 21 February 2015
C
Chrisi

Thank you. Method 3 worked. Such a relief as the system stopped working on Friday evening. Up and running again by Saturday afternoon. The kids are very pleased.
Kind regards.
Chrisi

Chrisi's 1 post xx
Sunday, 1 March 2015
A
Ashley williams

I live in Wales I have just bought a Panasonic TV with a freesat box, I have all the channels apart from 104 s4c which says no signal. Any ideas how to rectify channel 120 which is channel 4 is ok .

Ashley williams's 1 post xx

Ashley

According to the Freesat channel information, see Freesat - Subscription free HD Satellite TV through a Digital Box LCN 120 is S4/C. It could be that your TV needs a post code so it can determine which services it should receive, so a check in the User Manual would possibly help. My LG TV asks for the post code at initial installation and it can be added later as well.

MikeP's 666 posts Gold Gold xx
Wednesday, 15 April 2015
B
Bernie Kilshaw

Hi, my Skybox stopped working sometime today. I was listening to the radio this morning when I started work but when I stopped for lunch I was getting a "No satellite signal being received".
I've tried:1. Power of from mains, leave for 20 minutes power on.
2.I did the LNB power reset
3. The software update
but I still have the problem.Any ideas?

Bernie Kilshaw's 1 post xx
Wednesday, 29 April 2015
C
Carol Andrew

We are having technical problems with BBC channels from freesat and sky, this has happened before, with pixelation and clicking noises and freezing of transmission any advice please?

Carol Andrew's 1 post xx
Friday, 1 May 2015
L
Lynne

I am in France and get british tv via the owners old sky box. I want to connect my Freeview, I know I cannot get Freeview here, to record from the TV & sky box. Can it be done and if so how. I have a spare scart and a scart adaptor, one of those things that takes more than one scar.

Lynne's 1 post xx