Menu button UK Free TV logo Help!

Can I use an existing sky dish with a freeview box? and if so can the two services share the same dish?

Can I use an existing sky dish with a freeview box? and if so c

No, you cannot use a satellite box to receive terrestrial programmes.

I don't want to use a satellite box I have a freeview box. I want to know if an existing dish for sky can be use with the freeview box.Can I use a cable splitter and run one end to the sky box the the other to a freeview box and get the freeview channels.

You cannot use a Freeview receiver with a satellite dish, only an aerial.

You also cannot split a satellite signal from a dish, if you want to run more than one box you must use a dual- or quad-LNB on the satellite dish and have a cable to each satellite receiver.

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o4
what is the difference between normal Co-axial cable and satellite grade? Can I1
Do I need to get an aerial or can I connect my old sky dish straight to an aeri2
I currently have an NTL cable line for TV. Will I be able to use this to receive3
Can I use a ex-Sky box to receive aerial Freeview?4
Can any digiboxes separate out the standard 5 terrestrial channels onto an analo5
Why are some channels free on Freeview but paid-for on satellite?6

Comments
Friday, 12 June 2015
Dave Lindsay

Louise Knight: You can use the cabling installed to the satellite dish for connecting the aerial to, but ensure connections are watertight obviously.

Dave Lindsay's 5,665 posts Platinum Platinum xx
L
Louise Knight

Thank you David Lindsay. That's a great relief

Louise Knight's 2 posts xx
Monday, 22 June 2015
R
Ron Taylor

Have just subscribed to Sky (not too pleased as they put the price up TWO HOURS after installation - now into an argument !) This has made my Humax PVR9150 redundant on main lounge TV. However have another TV still connected to the original aerial. Q: will the Humax still work with this or will all connections been severed ?
Regards

Ron Taylor's 1 post xx

Ron Taylor: There is no reason why they would be, as satellite systems (Sky or Freesat) operate independently of each other.

If your Humax is still connected into the normal aerial?, then you should still be able to use it as well as your Sky box, the Humax connected into the TV using a scart lead, the Sky box connected into the TV via an HDMI lead, switching between the two sources using the "input select" button on your TV's remote control.

jb38's 6,539 posts Platinum Platinum xx
Sunday, 28 June 2015
L
Lauren

I've read through a lot of posts but I just wanted to clarify as it sounds similar to my situation. I have a Sky sat dish that worked with a freeview box on my old TV. I've just bought a new TV with inbuilt Freeview but it can't find any channels - will it actually be able to find any with this set up? Thanks

Lauren's 2 posts xx
Dave Lindsay

Lauren : No. A "Freeview" box or TV will not work with a satellite dish (e.g. installed for Sky) -- it is "Freesat" that is the free-to-air satellite service and which will work with such a dish.

Dave Lindsay's 5,665 posts Platinum Platinum xx
L
Lauren

Dave Lindsay: Thank you :)

Lauren's 2 posts xx