Menu button UK Free TV logo Help!

I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?

I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?

I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem mig

The problem could be one of:

- the aerial has been moved or damaged;

- the cables or connectors that connect the digibox to the aerial are damaged;

- the digibox has broken.

If you have a "spare" digibox you use this to test the aerial connection. Can you still watch analogue TV OK?

I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!2
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 3
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
What are the aerial types about? Are they high-gain?6

Comments
Saturday, 30 May 2015
david brydon

we have cable tv via virgin we also have two odinary tvs one in bedroom one in conserivatory connected to normal tv ariel mounted on roof with splitter box in attic all working well until 5/6 weeks ago no matter what we do all we show on screen is no signal

david brydon's 1 post xx
MikeB

david brydon: Assuming the the Virgin TV feed is fine, then its the aerial or splitter. If the splitter is powered, then it could be the power supply. Think about your aerial - its on the roof in all weathers, exposed to all the elements. Joints let in moisture, cables get worn or frayed, or just corroded.

You hav'nt given us a postcode, so we have no idea what sort of signal your supposed to get, but it might be more than fine, so that you might be able to replace a powered splitter with an unpowered one. Check from the splitter box and back to the aerial.

MikeB's 1,443 posts Gold Gold xx
Thursday, 18 June 2015
K
kay

I moved into a new build 6 months ago so had a company come round to install a new aerial . Our upstairs smaller tv works perfect however our downstairs telly will never hold the channels . I have brought a digital box hoping this would help but it hasn't . If we hold the aerial cable going into the digital box at a certain angle we can get the channels but letting go we loose all channels or they become to blury to watch

kay's 1 post xx
Dave Lindsay

kay: This would tend to suggest the fault is in the aerial cable. If it has a wall socket and separate lead, then what happens when you use a different lead?

Dave Lindsay's 5,683 posts Platinum Platinum xx
Monday, 29 June 2015
monotones

Living in SA667PN, I used to get all TV channels, and now I don't get any.. always says it's not tuned. Also my mobile signal has disappeared. All this has happened in the last few months.

monotones's 1 post xx
MikeB

monotones: The mobile and TV signals have nothing to do with other, unless your in a dip which means you get no signal of any kind.

Your postcode shows that your awrial should point almost straight North (20 degrees) and pick up Preseli pretty well, since your really close. If your not tuned in properly or not getting anything, sounds like your aerial system has a problem - broken wire, etc.

MikeB's 1,443 posts Gold Gold xx
Sunday, 5 July 2015
Patricia

We have a Hannspree tv and it was working fine have it a few years. All of a sudden we have "no signal" what does this mean please?Thanks for help.
Patricia

Patricia's 1 post xx
MikeB

Patricia: Look at your manual - your TV simply isn't getting a signal. Could be as simple as the lead coming out of the back of the TV. On the other hand, your aerial system but have a break.

MikeB's 1,443 posts Gold Gold xx
Tuesday, 28 July 2015
K
Kath

Although my DVD recorder was receiving and recording from Freeview last night when I switched on the TV All dvb channels said ' no signal' TV is working as the Freesat channels are fine. Set Auto tune and got back all the Freeview ( dvb ) channels back except ITV and C 4 are the Welsh Channels. I'm in Barrow in Furness

Kath's 1 post xx