Menu button UK Free TV logo Help!

How do I change the RF output channel on a Sky Digibox?

How do I change the RF output channel on a Sky Digibox?

How do I change the RF output channel on a Sky Digibox?

Press the [SERVICES] button and then press [4] [0] [1] then [SELECT]

Then press [4] to go to the RF output menu.

You can now change the value so that it does not clash with an analogue TV channel or a Freeview multiplex.

HD and "new EPG" boxes

If you have a HD box, press [SERVICES] button and then press [0] [0] [1] then [SELECT]. Nothing is shown on the TV screen until you press the Select button.

Then use the [RIGHT] arrow button on the remote until this screen is shown, and press SELECT to change the values:

What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau2
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels4
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?5
Can I use my ex-contract sky digital satellite receiver to get Freeview channels1
What can I do when my Sky Digibox says 'No Signal' or 'Technical fau2
Can I stop paying Sky and use my satellite receiver to get Freeview ?3
I have a Panasonic TV with integrated Freeview how can I record Freeview channel4
I have split the signal from my satellite dish and now nothing works.6

Comments
Wednesday, 11 March 2015

mazbar:
Maybe the software differs as mine does not even try to tune any analogue signals in Bands 4 and 5! Even if I have none of the options (Digital, Cable, Satellite) selected! It doesn't even try to tune then. Plus LG make no mention of any of these models having an analogue capability. If I select just one of the mentioned options, that is all it tries to tune, so by selecting all of them it tries to tune all connections but still does not show any scan for analogue signals on channels between 21 and 68 that were used for the analogue transmissions. It finds all the digital signals available locally, all the satellite signals being received by the 60 cm dish and looks at the 'cable' option but as we do not have a cable connection it finds nothing.
This response based on a recheck this morning having read your comment.

MikeP's 660 posts Gold Gold xx
mazbar

MikeP: I have the 42 inch version and ger an analogue picture on my main sky perfect you might need a professional to set it up right for you ;-)

mazbar's 366 posts Gold Gold xx
Thursday, 12 March 2015

Mazbar
I am a retired 'professional'! I don't follow why you mention Sky as that is a digital satellite service, unless you are using a Sky box with an RF output and you are refering to that 'local' source being seen on your TV?

MikeP's 660 posts Gold Gold xx
mazbar

MikeP: I'm using rf2 to feed the whole house I have 2 lg TVs each picks them up on the analogue channel 35, picture is perfect and magic eyes work just fine. I mention sky as that is now the only thing that outputs an analogue signal. That is what the other person wanted to know.

mazbar's 366 posts Gold Gold xx

Mazbar
Other equipment outputs RF signals and some later Sky 'boxes' do not unless an 'add on' modulator is fitted.

MikeP's 660 posts Gold Gold xx
mazbar

MikeP: Yes but the point is lg TVs have a analogue tuner in them

mazbar's 366 posts Gold Gold xx

MikeP / (Mazbar) : I feel that the confusion surrounding the issue of analogue reception on these LB580V models is basically down to the fact of this mode not being specifically mentioned in either the set menu, or indeed the manual, even although the model "is" capable of analogue reception, as verified today by LG's technical department.

I think that the secret of successfully storing an analogue channel is for the analogue source to be there in the first place, as mentioned by Mazbar, i.e: coupled into the Sky boxes RF1/2 output socket (or I.O. port modulator) and with said Sky box (or modulator) switched on and outputting a signal.

The second stage being "not" to select any particular mode to scan, as doing so would then restrict the box from going through the "full" scanning mode which includes analogue tuning, albeit that this mode, or anything received in same, is only revealed (TV/ Radio button) once something has been captured.

jb38's 6,375 posts Platinum Platinum xx
Wednesday, 25 March 2015
T
tony

where can i get softcam keys for all.
most of my chanals say no or bad signal or scrambled.
100 cm dish. technomate 5420 hd sat box.

Regards Tony.