Menu button UK Free TV logo Help!

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound or the channel line up is wrong

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+

To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:

Try this:

1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;

2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;

3) wait 30 seconds;

4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;

5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;

6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;

7) do a complete scan for channels again.

The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o4
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?1
I have a Durabrand cg5660-m and I need the lock key code!2
What is the Inversion Effect and why does it effect my Freeview TV reception? 3
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
What are the aerial types about? Are they high-gain?6

Comments
Monday, 27 July 2015
susan

Libby Lamb : hello my BBC channels are now breaking up and say poor or weak signal, I have re tuned as suggested above, but the picture and sound is breaking up and pixelating.
post code area RG19
Samsung smart tv with free view built int to tb

susan's 1 post xx
C
Chris
4:03 PM Chesterfield

Hi I live in Newbold, Chesterfield S41 8RJ and I am having the same problem today. Not had problems before both sets. Have retuned and removed ariel as suggested.

Chris's 1 post xx
Chris's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Thursday, 30 July 2015
David

Interesting to see this recent spike in issues, since we too have noticed a fall-off in reception quality on the COM7 (570MHz) multiplex from Crystal Palace (affecting CBeebies HD etc) over the last few days. Has been impeccable up until now, but going through episodes of significant momentary bit error glitches on our Samsung IDTV, causing pixellation/freezing and audio drop-out, though reported strength and general quality remain 90% and 100%. GU9 (Farnham, Surrey) area. Not sure what the "H -6.7dB" rather than "H max" on the Crystal Palace multiplex listings implies, whether that's temporary reduced strength or something?

David's 1 post xx
Friday, 31 July 2015
L
Les watson

I have a TVonics digi box model DVR-FP300. I have lost the manual & cannot sort how to record on my spare tv. Any suggestions? Also not able to watch tv thru' this box at the moment. Says on screen that hard disk needs to be formatted. can anyone help, please?

Les watson's 1 post xx

Les watson: If the box still responds to the remote control, then try the following procedure, the content of copied from another website. If though the box doesn't respond, then try switching it off and then on again, if this fails to make any difference then this suggests that the Hard drive has failed, although make sure that the batteries in the remote control are still OK.

Warning: Resetting the Digital TV Recorder will clear all settings and all channel information. After resetting, the Digital TV Recorder will need to retune all channels. Only recorded programmes stored on the hard disk will be kept.

Press MENU. With 'Settings' highlighted, press OK.

Highlight 'Reset Set Top Box' and press OK.

Press LEFT or RIGHT to highlight 'YES', press OK.

Enter your PIN (default 0000) to continue or press BACK to return to the Menu.

You can also reset the box by following the undermentioned >>>

Press MENU - With 'DVR Settings' highlighted, press OK.

Highlight 'Format Disk' and Press OK.

Press LEFT or RIGHT to highlight 'YES', press OK.

Enter your PIN (default 0000) to continue or press BACK to return to the Menu.

jb38's 6,577 posts Platinum Platinum xx
Mrs J Campbell

I am so fed up of having to retune the tv because the 'interesting' channels are not transmitting properly. The sound constantly breaks up and sounds like Norman Collier doing his rooster impression, or Colin Crompton doing his impression of a club compere with a dodgy microphone. Only the oldies will understand that comparison but suffice to say, I now watch tv with the sound off and subtitles on!

Mrs J Campbell's 1 post xx