Menu button UK Free TV logo Help!

If you have several TVs at home do you need separate decoders for each set or is there a way of connecting them?

If you have several TVs at home do you need separate decoders f

If you want to watch different programmes on different TVs, you need a decoder for each.

With satellite, you will also need a "Quad LNB" on the dish, as each satellite decoder requires a separate "LNB" connection for each.

For digital cable and Freeview, the incoming cable can be split and shared.

There are a few options (such as the Pace Twin PVR) that can be used as a decoder for a second room, using only a standard connection for the second TV.

If you simply want to be able to watch the same programme in a second room, this can be done using a standard TV "UHF" cable.

My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o2
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?5
Are all Widescreen TVs digital?1
What connections are used from set top box to TV (such as SCART) ?2
My video doesn't work with my digital TV box, help!3
Can I use a Freeview box if there is no SCART connector on my TV?4
My TV is NICAM, does that mean I have digital TV?5
Why has my widescreen TV just made everyone look fat?6

Comments
Saturday, 22 June 2013

Marlene : The point with a video sender is that the TV its connected into does "not" receive Sky via the tuner but through its scart input socket, the tuner is not involved.

The channel on the video sender is "not" referring to TV's channel but the channel used by its own receiver, as with any device of that sort you might get the situation where you were picking up a neighbours video sender or vice versa, this being why the manufacturer offers a choice of channels (usually 5 or so) so that in the event of interference being caused by someone else's sender you just choose another channel

In other words, what you have is a transmitter and a receiver and so both have to be matched to each other.

jb38's 6,183 posts Platinum Platinum GB

joe: More information is required, such as the model number of the decoder and what you intend to view it on in another room, likewise its model number also being required.

jb38's 6,183 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Marlene

Lol. Ok. This is the state of play because I'm not making myself understood very well.
1. The sender is connected to via scart to the sky box in the living room
2. The receiver is connected to the tv in the bedroom
3. The channel on the sender/ receiver are set to the same channel on each
4. the tv channel is set on its av channel

Everything is wired up correctly, and there is no signal.
What do I need to do differently to make this thing work?

Marlene's 4 posts GB

Marlene: Well you were! but just with a misunderstanding about how the system operates.

However judging by what you have now said suggests that you have everything set up correctly provided that you are referring to the bedroom TV being on its AV channel, and so if the video sender / receiver are both switched on as is the Sky box then there is no reason connection wise for nothing being seen on the bedroom TV, therefore it would be of assistance if you could provide the model number of the video sender being referred to so that this can be checked out just in case there is anything odd about its set up procedure, as variations can exist between different models albeit that the connections are always the same.

Just a small point though, these devices are not very powerful and signal transfer problems can be experienced if the wall the signal is being passing through is particularly dense, only mentioned in case this might apply in your situation.

A second point being, not to have the sender or receiver sitting next to a broadband router.

jb38's 6,183 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Marlene

Hi jb38
It's the qose 5.8 GHz wireless video sender & receiver

Marlene's 4 posts GB
Sunday, 23 June 2013

Marlene: If you have connected everything up as per advice given, and being /

(1): The scart lead (supplied) connecting the Sky boxes AV2 scart socket into the "senders" input.

(2): The second scart lead connected the "receiver's" AV output into the bedroom TV's scart input and with this socket being selected as the input on the TV and not DVB.

Then if both external power supplies have been plugged in and switched on (likewise the button on the device) and that you have set the communication channels to the same numbers on each device then nothing can stop the devices working unless the signal is being obstructed, or of course that one of the units is faulty, try moving the receiver to either side of where its postioned as well as experimenting swivelling the dish to either side.

If though you still cannot get it to work then test the unit out by temporarily installing the receiver in the same room as the sender, the procedure to use being to remove the main TV's scart input plug (that comes from the Sky box) and in place of this connect a scart lead from the "receivers" output.

In other words the Sky boxes AV2 is still going into the sender, but the receivers output being is being fed into the main TV rather than the one in the bedroom. If you still do not get a signal try using the Sky boxes AV1 output to feed the sender.

By the way, you "may" have to select AV1 input on your main TV if the receiver does not switch the TV over to its scart input in the same way as happens with the Sky box.

Of course the other way is just to temporarily install the bedroom TV and receiver in the main room, no aerial connection being required by the bedroom TV as its only being used as a monitor.

jb38's 6,183 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Wednesday, 28 August 2013
G
Geri

Hi i very stupidly disconnected everything and never took note all just for a new stand anyway my brother in law will annihilate me so it goes like this

Livingroom: sharp tv
sky hd
Euro box
Dvd
Av sender
Need to send signal to bedroom 1 from sky

Bedroom 2 need to get signal from sky via av sender

Loads of cables and scarts just not done it right
Can you help me create the loop I need

Geri's 1 post GB
Thursday, 30 January 2014
Moses

I hev a wiztech decoder, can I use it on 2 Tvs in different rooms? if yes, then how?

Moses's 1 post NO
Tuesday, 25 November 2014
K
Kate

Hi. I am having problems connecting a second tv in my house. I have just moved in so I don't fully understand how everything is supposed to work....

I have a new Samsung connected to sky hd in living room - this is working fine
My old tv Grundig GU22DVDBLK is now in a bedroom and is not providing correct signals. It recognises channels when it auto tunes but the picture is shocking. I bought a tv aerial lead and that connects tv to aerial socket on wall. I have only ever used this tv via Sky before.

Do I just need a free view HD box or should this work?

I have Welch 2way bidirectional tv amplifier in a cupboard - cabling untouched. Ie output 1,2 and input all have cables connected.

The Tv aerial is connected to the 'return' socket on the wall where sky cabling comes in.
I share a sky receiver with other houses in my street (all new builds 5 years ago).

Any advice welcomed please.

Kate's 1 post GB