Menu button UK Free TV logoFreeview
settings

2013 - post-switchover changes to Freeview transmission frequencies

To provide for the new mobile broadband services (4G) a number of changes will be made, and these will result in retuning events.

To provide for the new mobile broadband services (4G) a number
Published on by on UK Free TV

The following is mainly a list of changes that will happen after Digital Switchover is complete, as C61 and C62 are being taken for use for new generation mobile broadband services. Also shown are are post-DSO change events.

These will happen during 2013 unless otherwise shown.

Full-service transmitters that change DDR frequencies for a PSB multiplex after switchover (2013)

Full-service transmitters that change DDR frequencies for a COM multiplex after switchover (2013 or earlier)

Full-service transmitters that change DDR frequencies offset after switchover (2013)

More soon.

Freeview, aerials?
I have now lost all signal can you tell me what the problem might be?2
My ITV/C4 Freeview channels have disappeared - what can I do? Is it my SCART ca3
Our digital signal for ITV has disappeared in the last week - can you tell me w4
My high gain aerial can't get all the Freeview channels I expected5
Should the UK close down the TV networks to allow for more mobile broadband? 1
UK Digital switchover ends - Northern Ireland completes on 24th October 20122
The last day of analogue television in the UK - goodbye PAL3
2 days left of analogue television - goodbye teletext4
3 days of analogue to go - goodbye to NICAM 7285
Changes to Saorview frequencies and power levels, 24th October 20126

Comments
Tuesday, 31 January 2012
saintee!

Thanks to all for clearing this up.

saintee!'s 5 posts GB
Monday, 6 February 2012
N
Norman Ansell
10:57 AM Bristol

When the Mendip PSB changeover from C61 to C49 takes place in 2013, my already marginal reception through my group C/D aerial will degrade considerably. I know I'll need an aerial upgrade (and mast head amp possibly). As this will affect many people my area, does anyone know if there's financial help available to meet the cost of this upgrade,
Jovialnorm

Norman Ansell's 9 posts GB
Norman's: Freeview map terrain plot frequency data R&TI Service digitaluk trade DAB coverage
Briantist

Norman Ansell: You are not in a marginal reception area, you are in the primary one. C49 is still well within group C/D, so you don't need a new aerial.

There is no financial help for this for anyone.

Briantist's 38,547 posts Owner Owner GB
Mike Dimmick

Norman Ansell: Digital UK's trade view suggests that the percentage of locations covered within your national grid square will - after all changes are made across the country - go down from 94% to 92%, for 99% of the time. For 50% of the time, it actually increases from 97% to 98% of locations served.

The 'Good' threshold, for which the planners consider the square to be served, is 70% of locations for 99% of the time. So really, it's not that significant.

Mike Dimmick's 2,489 posts Platinum Platinum GB
Friday, 24 February 2012
N
Norman Ansell

Mike/Brian, Thanks for the info. My problem is local trees and the fact that my location (Thornbury) is located in the vale of Berkeley where the lie of the land drops 80 metres below that to the South (and Mendip). Signals do get through under ideal conditions (cold dry night in winter) but on a summer evening when the trees are wet and in full leaf things get marginal. Maybe it's time to get FreeSat.
Thanks again chaps - N

Norman Ansell's 9 posts GB
Friday, 3 May 2013
C
Catherine Meek

I've lost the channels of Anglia and Look East will I ever get them back?

Catherine Meek's 1 post GB
Dave Lindsay

Catherine Meek: If the question relates to a another BBC One and ITV region replacing your native ones then the reason must be that your receiver has tuned to another transmitter. Knowledge of your location, and possibly transmitter your aerial faces, would allow a suggested workaround which may involve unplugging the aerial lead during the part of the scan that the unwanted transmitter broadcasts.

Dave Lindsay's 5,288 posts Platinum Platinum GB